Monday, January 30, 2012

Christmas 2011

I am woefully behind in updating this blog. I know at some point I will combine my baby blog and my life blog...but in the meantime the baby blog has been taking the majority of my attention.

This past Christmas the hubby and I spent time with many sides of our family. First was a gathering of his family at his niece's house. It was great getting to see all the little kids run around and have fun playing with each other. His family is so much bigger than mine- there are so many siblings and kids. In a way it is a lot busier and nosier than the family get togethers I am used to, but its also very nice to be surrounded by so much love. And they really all get along so well and love each other so much, it is really nice to be a part of.

Next up was a get together at our home for my mom's side of the family. Unfortunately many of our family on this side currently live out of town, so our get togethers are difficult to plan and are rather small. However, once we all get together we have a great time and love sitting and eating and talking. This year my cousins A & A drove in from New York to spend the holiday with the family and they had some big news- they are expecting their first child 12 days before us!!! How fun it that?!?



Finally, on Christmas Day we spent the day with my father's side of the family and got to see some of my favorite people- my aunt, grandmother and of course Mr. Chicken! He had the most adorable outfit on this day and I just wanted to eat him up!

It is so hard to believe at this time next year we'll have a 5 month old to spend the holiday with. I'm so excited!

1 comment:

Andrea said...

chicken is amazing! I agree this year is a very exciting one!!