Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Happy, oh so happy!

So this is what its like...to have a REAL JOB!!!!
I've been busy, busy, busy on the computer- researching medical plan options, retirement account options and basically figuring out how to take advantage of all my BENEFITS!!!
I know it may sound like something silly to be excited about but being an independant contractor for so many years and having mostly part-time jobs, I've never been paid for a day off or had health insurance through an employer- I've always had to buy my own (or my mother bought it anyway : ) ...and yes my mother is awesome by the way.

I think I have it all figured out...I have to go with a pricey plan though, since I really USE my health insurance a lot with all my conditions.
I am just so thankful.
I am thankful that I gambled on this job and stuck it out for six months...
I am thankful that I jumped at the opportunity to work at Wayne, eventhough it was low paying and part time in the beginning.
I am thankful that I made good connections while in school and kept my GPA high- I am in the one field where that actually matters!
I am amazed by the excellent benefits Wayne offers and look forward to using them.

But what I think I am looking forward to most is feeling valuable and worthy...after all these years of working my butt off in school I not only have a decent job with great benefits, but a job I actually enjoy!
You can't ask for much better!

The hubby and I are so optimistic about our future for the first time in awhile.
It feels good.
It feels good to be so happy : )

2 comments:

Andrea said...

Can't tell you how excited and happy I and Craig are for you and Fred. I know how much you had riding on this job and how good you will be at it! They are lucky to have you!

Rachel A said...

yeah! that is so exciting!!