Saturday, May 22, 2010

New dining table

My husband is truly a gifted guy. When I told him I wanted a table where we could have friends and family over without having to piece multiple folding tables together to all sit comfortably. And as I stood in our very large dining room I said, "we need a table to fit this space!"

Well now we have one.

Fred started bringing home some pine lumber each day after work one week. Then he spent a very long time thinking, and drawing and measuring. And then boom! I think he put this table together is about six hours. It took longer to stain it then to build it. Once he had the design in his head it all just came together.



Fred plans to build matching benches for the other side of the table, originally we thought we wanted chairs along with the benches. But, we love the benches so we're going with those instead.