Saturday, May 1, 2010

Day 4 & 5 - Pure Cardio & Plyometric Circuit

Day 4- Ok, so- I'm actually beginning to notice an improvement already!!! I made it almost all the way through the warm- up without stopping! (and let me assure you the warm-up is brutal). Fred- however, stopped completely after the warm up and I believe his words were- "F*ck this- I'm done!" lol. Well I pushed all the way through (the hardest of the week according to the demon instructor).

Day 5- To finish out the week, we went back to the Plyometric circuit from day one. Plyo- basically means jump training. I thought I'd be all smart and eat a big breakfast to fuel up for the workout...bad idea. I made it through... but not without, well...I believe you can guess...Fred finished out the week strong...I informed him we'll also be going for a walk later : )

Week one is complete- I am incredibly exhausted and sore- but so proud of myself. I really do love working out (crazy I know)- I just hope I can keep it up. Its difficult to workout and look around at all the laundry that needs to be done and kitchen that needs to be cleaned...not to mention all the renovations we are still doing on the house. But, when it comes right down to it- that all can wait. No one will die if the laundry doesn't get folded or some dishes pile up in the sink.

Putting myself first comes with its share of guilt especially when it comes to my Dad. But, guilt is useless and I deserve as much as he (or anyone else) does. I refuse to sacrifice my health or my happiness anymore. I need to be clear about my choices in life and my boundaries. Who I spend time with, what I expose myself to and how much I do for others- is a choice. I refuse to let myself be a victim to guilt anymore. I will do the very best I can, while taking care of myself first...and if what I'm doing is not good enough for someone else...well now I guess that's their problem.

The only person I need to answer to, is myself.

Tomorrow- rest day : )

1 comment:

Andrea said...

the house looks so great! you guys will be so happy there!!