Thursday, April 29, 2010

Insanity- Day 2 & 3- Power and Recovery

Day Two- Power (resistence) = some more craziness!!! I started this day off with a 1.2 mile walk at 6am and did my Insanity workout after I got home from work. For today's torture not only are you jumping around until you want to puke but now the guy is telling you to squat as far down as you can...and then catapult yourself into the air as high as you can...seriously!?!?
Well, we were VERY sore during this workout from day one- but we did the best we could. I actually collapsed onto the floor and Fred about tripped over me. But...we finished!!!

Day Three- Cardio Recovery. Well when I woke up this morning and went to step towards the door I almost fell flat on my face...my calves would not budge!!! So, for the remainder of the day every single time I went to walk- I had to stretch my calves first LOL!
Today was the "recovery" day...ahem...I don't think this guy knows what recovery means. Basically, it was 33 minutes of yoga, balance moves and about 70 squats and lunges...with pulses of 16 every 16...yeah, ouch! I also got up early this morning and did Ab Ripper X (P90X). I'm finding that while Insanity is an amazing cardio and full body workout- I don't think it hits the abs all that well- so I thought I'd ad some more in.

Tomorrow- Pure Cardio....yay : (

1 comment:

Andrea said...

YOu are freakin crazy...:-)