Friday, April 17, 2009

Nightmares

Ok, so I thought I was having a heart attack last night. This week I have been absolutely horrible dietary-wise. I have not only stepped, but JUMPED off of my diet. I am PMSing so I know that's most of it and I am also incredibly stressed about my job. There is still no word on anything happening and the longer it takes the more stressed I become- and when I'm stressed I like to drown myself in ice cream and rice crispy treats....
I also think, because of how hard I've been working out, my appetite is increasing and I hate feeling hungry all the time, so I've been eating more "good" food as well...
...so back to my scare. I awoke last night about 1:00am with my heart pounding out of my chest! It was beating so fast (as if I had been running) yet I was asleep! I started taking deep breaths and after about 15 minutes my heart slowed down. This may have to do with the fact that I had a dream I was in labor (WTF?!?!)- but how can a dream do such drastic things to your body? I wonder if my higher caloric intake can impact this because it has only happened after eating high sugar foods.
The same thing happened the other night when I ate ice cream. I had a dream I was in a drive-by shooting!
Not only does it wake me out of a sound sleep and scare the crap out of me, I wake up completely exhausted!

Fred says my body is probably in shock when I eat those kinds of foods because of how healthy I've been normally eating lately. Geez- who knew ice cream was the Nightmare Monster....

3 comments:

Lori Z said...

Yeah I think our bodies definitely go into some sort of shock when we introduce foods it isn't used to. I remember one day I decided to get McDonald's for lunch. It was the first food I had eaten that day too. Well let's just say that my stomach went into, um, shock...lol. Plus, eating closer to your bedtime can lead to some effed up dreams too! I do love me some late evening ice cream though :o)

LWLH said...

No more late night Ice cream for you :)

Rachel L said...

yeah no kidding- that was crazy!