Saturday, April 11, 2009

On a mission...

...so something that is no news to anyone who really knows me is, the hubby and I have been on a quest this year to take control of our bodies once again and drop those unwanted pounds. I think we both also want to get a bit ripped : )
This has taken over as our top priority and, because of all the time we've been spending in the gym, it is our number one hobby as well.
We both have the stocky, strong- yet sometimes "thick" body types. So losing weight is always a struggle but we tone up quickly and easily and are rather strong.
As reported before, hubby has lost 20 pounds and won the Home Depot 3 Month Biggest Loser challenge!!! And I, thanks to Mother Nature and my monthly 'visit,' keep fluctuating between a 13 and 15 pound loss- (and yes that means in percentages I am beating hubby by 1.2% woohoo).
However, after three months we have once again hit a wall- hubby with 30 pounds left to lose and myself with 15-18 pounds left...
So I bought the '30 day cut' book today and will try it out for 30 days. We both found out that, as we thought, we are high oxidizers- meaning our body performs best at a higher protein/fat ratio and low carbohydrate ratio- which we already knew. We also took a fit challenge and found out that our cardio rate is average for our ages; arm strength is above average; my ab strength was excellent, hubby's was above average, and well when it comes to legs we both blew it above excellent- but I was in the "elite athlete" range : )
So, now that we know we can hack it physically its time for Jillian's 30 day 'Cut' workout- we'll see how it goes...
Oh, and I keep wanting to post my 50% loss photos as I did for my 25% loss, but I need to get to 16 pounds!!! I'm soooo close! So hopefully those will be coming soon...

5 comments:

Rachel A said...

woohoo, sounds like you guys are doing great. You're a real inspiration too, and I need some inspiring!!

Lori Z said...

Wow, nice work you two! I just bought Jillian's 30 Day Shred DVD, but I haven't cracked it open yet...lol. I've been quite the slacker on the working out.

LWLH said...

Get it girl!!
Your doing great! :)

Andrea said...

Awesome dedication ! I just bought an urban rebounder and LOVE IT! You have inspired me to go get on it right now!
great work you two

Rachel L said...

Working out also helps me keep the blues away...and we love how we feel but honestly- working out this hard- we need massages weekly! SO SORE!!!