Thursday, June 18, 2009

Praying for the first time in a long time.

In a previous post I mentioned that my aunt is pregnant and is very high risk. Well early Monday morning I get a message that she is in the hospital again, a clot in her calf moved to her thigh and broke off sending two small clots to her lungs (pulmonary emboli). I spent all evening Monday with her after work and was just devastated for her. She looked ill, swollen, sad...well she just looked bad. To top off the clotting issue my aunt suffers from horrible migraines...so the poor thing was throwing up all afternoon. She was showing...a lot...and had already gained a lot of weight...she is only 5' 2" like me...
Tuesday we get the results of the ultrasound. She is eight weeks along. However, she has two placenta clots in addition to the leg and lung clots, one that is small and dissolving with little danger to her or the baby...the other...destroyed one of the twins she was carrying!
No wonder she looked so big already! But seriously, how horrible!
She is back home now but on bed rest. I am so incredibly worried about her and the baby she is carrying. I love my aunt to death, she is like a big sister to me and we have always been very close...and while I would love to see this pregnancy come to full term, not at the risk of my aunts life.
I just hope that whatever happens she is ok. I can't imagine losing her. I won't imagine losing her. And I can't help but worry for myself too. My aunt and I, while close, are the most similar physically to anyone in our families. We react to medication the same way, we have many of the same ailments and abilities. And I can't help but see all of this trouble she is having and wonder if attempting to have a child myself will essentially mean risking my life. I can't help but look at her and wonder if its a forecast of my future. I sure hope not.
Auntie- I LOVE YOU...more than I can say, please hang in there.
Your "Curly Cue" needs you.

4 comments:

Lori Z said...

Ya know, previously when you said your aunt was pregnant, I never made the connection who it actually was. And OMG that sucks for her! She'll be in our thoughts.

Andrea said...

She knows I'm praying for her! We just want her healthy.

Rachel A said...

I was wondering if this was the aunt pregnant and then I saw andrea's post on facebook, I'm so sorry, and we'll be praying for her too. I can't imagine how hard this is for your whole family.

Rachel L said...

Thanks for the kind words.