Friday, May 22, 2009

W.T.F!!!

People suck.
So after another, yes ANOTHER trip to the ER tonight I find myself extremely disgruntled with our health care system and the way in which patients are treated in our hospitals.
We're treated like ignorant, bothersome objects- not people.
I knew more about my condition than the three hospital staff I encountered and only the doctor knew what the hell I was talking about when I listed my diagnoses. WHAT?!?!
"You can't possibly have two blood clotting disorders, you must be mistaken..."
Really, you wanna tell that to the 2 inch clot in my left leg!!! WTF!!!!
Maybe I should just buy my own ultrasound and save them the damn trouble! seriously!
But alas, I get sent home with this news, "Well your ultrasound was normal but that doesn't mean you don't have a clot, I mean it could be so small we can't detect it- so you should follow up in a week in case it gets bigger and then we can see it."
What?
Huh?
Ok, yeah sounds like a great idea...glad I wasted 4 hours to hear that!
Please, shoot me!

1 comment:

LWLH said...

Wow...
Let's just wait till it gets worse to see if it gets better....wtf?
What kind of thinking is that