Thursday, March 26, 2009

Limbo

...great to play, not so great to live in. So as I posted previously, there is soon to be a job opening at work that I have been coveting. This job will allow me to use everything I've learned in school, make some very important connections in the academia-research field and allow me to work in the environment I love, the university setting. Not to mention I will be working with some of the smartest people I have ever met! Problem is I have no idea when they're even starting the interview process!!!
I am just incredibly stressed about it all! Bills are rolling in, medical and otherwise, and in May another large bill (student loans) will be added to the pile. My problem is I have put my job search efforts on slow-down because of the good things I am hearing about them wanting me for the job, yet nothing has actually been offered. I will be in an extremely bad situation, if come the end of summer I don't get this position and am, once again, behind on applying elsewhere.
I don't really want another job, I want this one. Even if another paid more, I would still want this one. I've always been the one that would rather love what I do than get paid tons doing something I hate...because in the end, when you die...the money never matters.
But, bills still need to get paid.
I just hope they start the process soon, as the weeks go by I am becoming more and more anxious...people tell me to calm down and relax about it...but that's easy to say when you have a job. I know I'm doing better than a lot of people out there and I am grateful for that...
Its just hard to have something dangled in front of you that you want so bad for months....

2 comments:

Andrea said...

very hard..I would be stressed also. Is there anyone you can talk to that will give you at least a time table on when they will start interviewing? I think it would be fair to ask that question in this job climate.

Rachel L said...

yeah, I keep hearing "soon" now their definition of "soon" may be different from mine...