Sunday, March 1, 2009

A Random Saturday Night

So, I've realized- you never truly know how much fun you can have on some random night out sitting at a restaurant bar...
So my girl Courtney and I went out for dinner last night to TGI Fridays, and the place was packed wall to wall...so in a sneaky maneuver Courtney snags us two seats at the bar- SCORE!
We order drinks, a daiquiri for her and diet coke for me (and yes the diet coke plays an important role in this story). We catch up; we talk about work, friends, life, our hair etc...you know, the usual stuff you talk about with your girlfriends.
As the night wore on and we stayed at the bar nursing our "drinks" we began to notice the later it got the more fun the bar became. A Jenga game broke out on one end of the bar which we were invited to join, and declined. I met a very sweet, and very tipsy couple from the east -side on my right- she's a nursing student craving a cigarette and her big, hefty boyfriend doted on her...
To our left we spot a couple of guys having dinner.

Court: "You see that one there on the end?"
Me: "Oh, yeah the one with the dark hair and brown eyes..."
Court: (excited) "Yeah..."
Me: "Oh, yeah totally...for you."
Court: "For me, what do you mean- isn't he cute?"
Me: "Oh yeah, I just meant tall, dark and handsome, that's for you. But I wouldn't get too excited, I think that's his boyfriend sitting next to him."
Court: "Oh yeah he is really too skinny...hmmm- maybe we'll see."

So we continue our night joking with the bartender. His name was Chris, he was hilarious and continued to tease me about drinking my Diet Coke at the bar. Eventually we got a bottle-flip show from Chris at the dismay of his other bartender friends who couldn't get around him to serve the rest of the bar. One bar tender, Trevor began to scope us out- but alas Courtney was not interested...
Eventually we ended up meeting the boys sitting to the left of us. The one was a real estate agent and the other a hair dresser....oh yes, a hair dresser- my gay-dar has never failed me...
Turns out these two boyfriends were an excellent source of conversations and entertainment and one had worked at Fridays a few years back- so they knew the entire staff.
The night continued and we had a blast, between crazy bathroom encounters, free drinks, hair tips from the gay men and the continued hilarious antics of the bartending team- it was a wonderful night!
So funny; so much fun!
It never fails, wherever Courtney and I end up- a fun story is sure to follow.
At the end of the night after hair-dresser boy told Courtney to cut her hair:

Court: "Do you really think I need to cut my hair, straight men love my hair."
Me: "Your not exactly trying to marry a gay man so don't worry-your hair is beautiful."
Court: "Thanks...that was a fun night."
Me: "Yeah, it really was. I wonder how often Trevor sits at the pool naked?"

And, laughing, we both headed to our respective cars.

1 comment:

LWLH said...

Sounds like a good night..some of the best nights I've had with girlfriends is when we just plan nothing and do whatever.