Thursday, January 22, 2009

Honesty

Ok, Ok- so my good friend Lori tagged me with this one, but I'm not gonna "tag" anybody else because it would be simply repeating, for the most part, Lori's tags LOL!
But- I'll do my list....so here we go...are we supposed to tell things people don't already know? We'll here goes it...
#1. I have always been an athlete. I was a cheerleader and softball player. I took dance, gymnastics, and for 6 years, karate- I actually obtained my black belt at age 10 making me the youngest black belt in the state of Michigan at the time (1993).

#2. I don't really like to shop for clothes. I know, I hear the collective *gasp* already- but I've always had trouble with clothes fitting my shape properly, so most of the time (even when I've been thinner and especially when I was bigger) I find it an extremely frustrating experience. And I usually never want to pay the price that's on the tag. I always second guess if I really, really need it. Don't get me wrong, I love it when I find something that fits great and is in my price range, but that's rare. (This excludes shoes, which I LOVE to shop for, because- yup you guessed it-they always fit !!!)

#3. I am afraid of having children. I'm not afraid of being a parent. Sure, I don't look forward to my freedom being sacrificed, not to mention my sleep. But I am afraid of carrying a child to full term and delivering without any serious consequences because of my clotting disorder. And, I'm not gonna lie, the idea of labor terrifies me. My grandma, who has the same disorder, had a clot shoot to her heart after giving birth to my Dad (he was compressing the vein with the clot in it, so when he was born he came off the vein, the clot moved, and it almost killed her).

#4. I hate broccoli and spinach, but love green beans, peas and brussel sprouts.

#5. I have an extreme sweet tooth, but only when it comes to chocolate. Other forms of candy or deserts can be in my house for days and if it does not have chocolate in it, on it, or around it- I don't really want it.

#6. I wish I had gone to school to be a nurse or doctor.

#7. I always wanted to write a novel, and still might try.

#8. I suffer from depression and was hospitalized for it at one time in my life.

#9. I actually like working out, although I guess this goes hand in hand with #1. I feel good doing it and I like feeling what my body can do instead of being hung up on all the things it can't do. Plus its a natural anti-depressant for me. Even with a blood clot in my leg I can still run 1/2 a mile and walk two miles- I'm proud of that!

#10. I talk to myself...a lot! LOL!

No comments: