Saturday, January 24, 2009

My husband, my everything

I was just thinking today what a lucky girl I really am. I have, in my opinion of course, the most wonderful husband a girl would hope for. He's perfact for me! I know, I know (gag me right?) But seriously sometimes I sit back and I wonder, out of all the men in the world, and all the men in this area- what are the chances of me meeting someone who just clicks with me and fits so perfectly...like a glove. He gives me weekly foot rubs, does all the cooking, all the grocery shopping, does his own laundry, works 16 hour days most weeks and hardly ever complains. And the topper...he is rarely in a bad mood. He texts me almost everyday "good morning" and I don't think a day has gone by that he hasn't told me I was beautiful.
Sure he is not perfect and there have been many times were I've wanted to clobber him- but in reality he is my perfect match.
The day I can pinpoint where I began to truly fall in love with Fred, he had taken me out on his boat and told me that, 'I make him want to be a better man.' Well, he makes me want to be a better woman...and I just want to thank him for saving me, in all the ways a person can be saved.
I love him with all my heart and of all the things that have gone wrong in my life I am so grateful that in the love department I have been so lucky.
I am most grateful for him this month, on the 27th anniversary of his father's death. I hear often how similar Fred is to his father, so much in fact that I feel as if I knew him-even though that's not possible.
Fred's father died of Cancer at 43 years old and as Fred nears his 37th year I can't help but feel apprehensive and think what life would be like without him. I can only imagine what his mother went through- losing someone so wonderful. I hope I never have to find out.
I also can't help but see Fred with his nieces and nephews and hope that one day I will be able to give him a child he can have a bond with, like he had with his father. A son or daughter that will think the world of him and be able to have that bond with him that was so prematurely taken from his father.

R.I.P. Carl Edward Lathrop ~January 8th 1982~

1 comment:

Andrea said...

how sweet hon. I agree you two fit perfectly together and it warms my heart to see you so in love