Saturday, January 10, 2009

Movie Review 1 and 2- Seven Pounds and The Curious Case of Benjamin Button

After reading the blog of a favorite metro-Detroit photographer of mine, Amanda Williams, I realized movie reviews would be something cool to add to my blog. My husband and I love to go to the movies and lately we've been saving some cash and going to the Twilight shows, from 4pm-6pm- only $4 !!!
I hate, absolutely hate, spending money on a bad movie. Its a lot of money to sit, bored or uninterested for two hours of your life watching some story about some characters you care nothing about. Soooooo, in an attempt to prevent others from suffering the "this movie sucks" blues....

Seven Pounds
This movie stars Will Smith and Rosario Dawson, two of my favorite actors. It is a pseudo-mystery that will leave everyone, and yes I mean EVERYONE, in the audience crying by the end. The best movie I have seen in a very, very long time.
Five out of five stars.

The Curious Case of Benjamin Button
This movie stars Brad Pitt and Cate Blanchett, another two actors I like. The movie has an interesting premise and I am not upset that I saw it. Can again be a tear-jerker at times. Raves; good acting, original premise and interesting historical information. Rants; too long, extremely medically inaccurate, the plot becomes somewhat dull at times.
Note to movie goers: DO NOT see Seven Pounds prior to this movie, it will render this movie almost emotionless in comparison. Best to see this movie first, then Seven Pounds.
Four out of five stars.

1 comment:

ThoughtsON said...

I also LOVED Seven Pounds. Definitely best movie I've seen in a really long time! I'm curious to see Benjamin Button, but also hesitant and thinking it will probably wind up being a rental!
Good reviews :)