Tuesday, January 6, 2009

I love Oprah

"I recognize I was created healthy, strong and vital so making myself healthy is the fulfillment of my creation because health is the foundation for all other good things" ~Oprah

Oprah's entire line up this week is about making yourself healthier mentally, emotionally and physically. She, like myself, has fallen off the weight loss wagon and me and my good ole' girl Oprah have found ourselves 40 and 30 pounds overweight...again. The first show was about being honest with yourself about why your overweight and the things that you have done or not done that contributed to this.
#1-I realize that for myself food equals pleasure. I have gained a minimum of 20 pounds directly after entering into any serious relationship. When I'm 'in love' I want to experience all things pleasureful which includes indulging in my favorite, often fattening foods.
#2- I eat when I am bored, I always seem to lose weight when I am working more, because I am able to control the quantity, type and time I eat- and I just simply don't have as much time to wonder what tasty dish I can pull out of the fridge.
#3- I seriously have an addiction to chocolate. I realize once I have a small piece I often can not control the impulse to have more...much more.
#4- Lastly, I am a binger and I have an all or nothing mentality when it comes to food. I feel like if I take a tiny step off the wagon I might as well have a weekend binge because I've screwed up anyway...why not go all out!

These are the reasons I am overweight. It is not because of lack of exercise or I am trying to eat my feelings, anyone who knows me knows I let my feelings out rather freely. I simply have an addictive personality and my drug of choice has been food. It might sound cliche or silly, but its true.
This year I have made the decision to put myself first. I am putting my health above all else, I am making time for myself to exercise- even if it means turning down time with friends and family. I am guarding my heart and sticking up for myself, I will work to reduce the amount of negative energy I am taking in and giving out. Third, I will work to obtain my career goals if at all possible.
I want to be of the mindset this year that I am worthy. I am worthy of a healthy body, mind and soul. I am worthy of being treated kindly, with respect and with consideration. I am worthy and capable of achieving success- and success that is not measured by wealth and material goods but by being significant.
I really need to believe this year will be better than last, and I am going to do what I can to make sure it is.

No comments: