Tuesday, February 17, 2009

What the FREAKING hell?!?!

Well, well, well somebody needs the smack put down on them...oh yeah, my mortal enemy, is at it again...
So, for no apparent reason in the last two weeks my INR (coagulation level) has taken a nose-dive despite being on an extremely high dose of Coumadin...after 8 weeks of being level, and safe, my blood is super thick suddenly for no apparent reason. Oh yeah, nice. So, that means right now as I write this I could be forming a clot...
I thought my leg had been a little extra achy lately...
I just attributed the 'heavy' feeling in my leg to the increase in exercise, which yes I've continued to kill myself with to no avail on the scale...still...after 5 weeks. I've even cut out sugar and eating past 7:30pm...do you think it has had an impact? Of course not. Now this...

I swear, I get that "keeping at it" will eventually pay off but seriously tell me who would be motivated to "keep at" anything with all this working against them?!?!? I have been die-hard about everything for the last two weeks, and have "stepped it up" and still nothing has changed...and now with my blood this thick it is simply not safe to work-out that hard...great...just...perfect...

And to top it off I hate hearing how easy it is for some other people, "Oh, I've never really had to watch my weight," or, "I don't know how you can exercise that much, I just stopped drinking pop and 10 pounds came off" or "Wow, ya know you should try drinking more water."
Ok, first of all- good for freaking you, second of all-exercise is good for everyone and you can be a size two and still be nothing but bones and fat, and three-I drink 60 oz. of water a day-
so KISS IT!

Ok, vent over.

3 comments:

Andrea said...

I'm not going to say all the usual things ,like "hang in there" blah blah. Sometimes a good vent is just what you need to do.

Rachel L said...

for sure!!! I feel instantly better after a good vent : )

ThoughtsON said...

I feel your pain with the lack of results (and hating those who drop 10 mins after they stop drinking coke)
I have cut out fast food (which I was eating Every day for lunch), started drinking more water, never drink regular soda, and do all those things that are suppose to make you instantly drop some weight. Haven't lost a pound.
Frustrating!