Sunday, December 14, 2008

All the funny guys die too soon...

Finally a break! I got called for an interview for a position I very much want...don't want to get too involved in the details or too excited, I might jinks myself!
The interview is Wednesday!!!

This weekend I got to catch up with some old friends from WSU, Janice and Emily- God I miss my social work girls! There is nothing like being able to use your social work lingo with people who understand LOL! Although being with the girls made me realize how much I really miss Patrina, my fellow Macro Social Worker- that girl really "got" me... We are identical in our career aspirations and views on so many things, we used to joke that she was the black Rachel, and I the white Trina- she's so dear to my heart that girl!
Speaking of girls that are close to my heart, my Brittani! This weekend I was happy to do some photo editing for her and her boyfriend. They had photos taken in Georgia and she asked me to spruce them up a bit with Photoshop. I think they're excellent pictures- and these two are just so cute. I am so happy that my girl is happy, I see the way she looks at Raymond and I couldn't want anything more for her.
Friday I was please to be asked by Wayne State University to do some commerical work for them at one of their events. The photo's are not too exciting, as a lot of commerical work isn't, but I was happy to have the opportunity to do photos for such a big name.


Quote of the day: "There is nothing worse than being stuck in a room with some married asshole talking about his kids. Here's a hint folks, nobody cares about your kids...that's why they're your kids, so you can care about them and the rest of us don't have to bother."

~The late and great, George Carlin
(even though I like other people's kids- its still a funny quote!)
Bitch of the weekend: When people have to act like everything is great all the fucking time. I am so happy, so lucky, so loved, so perfect- get real folks! Optimism is one thing but no person's life is fucking perfect all the fucking time. Appearing perfect doesn't make other's look up to you, it makes them want to vomit!

1 comment:

Rachel A said...

yeah for the job interview! you'll do great!!