Monday, December 29, 2008

Christmas' last hoorah...

This Christmas the budget was very limited, but I still managed to get (and give) some pretty cool stuff. My mother spoiled Fred and I, as usual- the perks of being an only child I guess : )
She gave Fred "Metallica" tickets for their concert coming in January and she bought be the speedlite I've been wanting for my DSLR, the Canon Speedlite 430ex.Saturday afternoon I had lunch with some girlfriends and got to see Michelle who was in town from Delaware. I love this girl! She was the first of the LTU girls I really "clicked" with, and boy I wish she still lived in Michigan. But even from afar she manages to still be an awesome friend... (Me, Brittani, Michelle, Caleb, Rachel, Lori and Melanie)
Saturday evening we had some friends over to celebrate Christmas. Jake and Carrie were in town from Chicago and we ended up with about 20 people! Unfortunately my leg was hurting so I didnt get to enjoy the fun as much as I normally might- but it was good to see everyone just the same...The kids acting silly on the stairway (taken with my P&S...feeling too icky to pull out the "fancy" camera...clockwise from left: Maverick, Emma, Quinn and Electra)

Our good friend Barb was over and thoughtfully bought us this Gluten-Free Gourmet Cookbook.
And of course with some gift cards and exchange money from Fred's mothers' gifts I was able to buy myself an outfit and cute purse. I got some awesome deals! Everything was 50% off !
Sweater from MaxRave- $7.50
Levi Strauss low-rise, boot-cut jeans $19.99
Jackyln Smith purse in Olive- $10.00
And eventhough Fred and I swore not to get each other gifts, he did buy me Season One of my favorite show, "House." And I bought him a bottle of his favorite cologne, Drakkar. I guess we just couldn't help ourselves...

My friend Genevieve, who I went to WSU with just had her baby December 7th. Adorable Sophia Camille- congratulations Genevieve and Steven!!!...I told you you'd have a girl ; )


Quote of the day: "Life is a series of rooms and who we are stuck in those rooms with decides what our life is all about."
Bitch of the day: MY FREAKIN' BODY! I feel like an 80 year old today!

1 comment:

Lori Z said...

I can't wait for the Metallica show! It's going to be awesome!