Saturday, December 6, 2008

Good times with a great friend!

Fore Lakes Golf Club- Kimbal, Michigan

Last night I joined my friend Courtney at her employer's holiday party. It was a lot of fun! The event was hosted by Fore Lakes Golf Club in Kimball, Michigan- I had been there before for Gail and Tristan's wedding last year. We drank, ate, danced and, if I do say so myself, were the life of the party! That tends to happen when we get together....
We also had some interesting "high school" moments in the bathroom stall that left us giggling ridiculously...LOL!
We both forgot our cameras so I don't have any pictures, but we made some awesome memories.

Quote of the night:
"These God damn pantyhose, roll-free my ass!" ~Miss Courtney
Bitch of the night: When men twice your age feel its appropriate to openly stare at your boobs while talking to you- get a life pervert!

My friend Courtney and I met while pursuing our bachelor degrees in Psychology at Oakland University. We hit it off almost from the start being the only two students actually answering questions in class! Soon we were running the research labs in Pryale Hall and while we secretly think many of the students hated us, we didn't care. And after all most of them came to us for help with their assignments! We've been tight ever since- helping each other through our Master of Social Work degrees and life's ups and downs- she truly is one of the friends I am most grateful to have in my life. She is smart, funny, beautiful, honest, extremely down to earth and fun! She tells ya like it is, but in a way that is not judgmental or hurtful. She was born to help people and I admire her ability to do so with class and tact...a trait I feel so many are lacking these days...

Courtney and I this past August celebrating her birthday
Courtney and I on my wedding day-October 2007

No comments: