Tuesday, December 2, 2008

'Tis the Season



HO, HO, HO!!!

Sooooo, yeah this blogging thing- addictive! Anyway this weekend after some much needed time with friends and family, the hubby and I decided to put up our Christmas tree. I love our tree, its cheap but cute and the perfact size for our condo.
I love all of our oranments, some are just cheap ones we picked up last year, but most of them have some type of meaning to one or both of us.

There are many things I would like for Christmas, namely the diamond right hand ring, Canon 50mm and Tamron 18-200mm lenses I've been drooling over...I already know my mom is getting me the Canon 430ex speedlite for my camera...but things are tight right now and the last thing we have money for are luxaries...so Fred and I have decided to not buy each other gifts this year and instead we plan to have "date nights" where we spend quality time together and do fun things.

This Saturday we plan to attend 'Holiday Nights' in Greenfield Village with my mom and Craig (the tickets are an early gift from my mother) and maybe take a carriage ride and cozy up near the bonfire.

"As visitors enter the village this month, it may seem as though the Dearborn tourist attraction has fallen into a time warp thanks to "Holiday Nights in Greenfield Village."They'll stroll along the lantern-lit paths of a bygone era, past historic homes decorated in the holiday styles of long ago. Carolers walk the streets in harmony and old-world storytellers tell Christmas stories alongside bonfires while roasting fresh s'mores as revelers warm their stomachs and mittened hands. The scent of cinnamon and freshly-roasted nuts wafts through the brisk winter air as a horse-drawn carriage whooshes by with passengers singing carols."

Bitch of the day:
People who rush through traffic during afternoon grid lock, just so they can get in the left lane that is not going any damn faster than the other two lanes they just crossed, driving like an asshole will not part traffic like the Red Sea, Moron!

Quote of the day:
"If I get a Weight Watchers gift card for Christmas you'r gonna be pulling back a nub."
~Kyra "Mojo in the Morning"




1 comment:

Rachel A said...

Your tree is so pretty!! And yeah for date nights. I think we are going to go that route too, with everything that's going on, we will probably not do presents for each other either.