Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Ambition and Optimism

So in the last couple days I have gotten a lead on a few jobs...I'm not going to keep my hopes up but I have people putting good words in for me, so we'll see.
On a more optimistic note, I finally told my boss that when/if she leaves her position to pursue her PhD next fall, if at all possible, I would love to be considered for her position. I was really nervous about telling her, I didn't want her thinking I was "gunning" for her job.
She took it really well, in fact she said she would help me prepare! She said she would help me in anyway she can to become a suitable candidate for the position (she hasn't been accepted into a PhD program yet, but she is sooooo a shoe-in).

Bitch of the day: "When retail employees have little personal conversations behind the counter while they allow you to stand, waiting, to purchases your items. You can talk after work all you want sweetheart, but right now- ring up my shit!"

Quote of the day: "Yeah, there are a lot of things in this world I should do... but right about now they can just about kiss my ass."
~My charming father after the doctor tells him he should really quit smoking...

1 comment:

Rachel A said...

That's great about the possible new opportunities!! You'll do great when you interview for that ideal job! I think you would be a great interviewee!